Pages

18 January 2010

Banana 'N Cream Cake


How good is this cake? Let me count the ways-I mean slices.
So first there was that slice at a little before midnight last night when it was fresh out of the oven and freshly dusted with Confectioner's sugar.


Then there were the three slices for breakfast this morning. I gave the kids leftover Nutty Pancakes but coulnd't pass up fresh banana baked goods for myself, greedy I know.


Then there were the three slice post-Olive Garden lunch where I didn't even splurge on Tirmisu because I knew there was moist cake at home on the counter.


Then there were the two slices the kids and I snacked on after nap.


Then there were the twelve slices I cut up, wrapped in threes and stuck in the freezer for a later date knowing that this cake would be the death of me if I didn't wisen up.


Not there are about five slices left, for breakfast in the morning. That is if I can resist it that long.


Doubtful.



Bananas 'N Cream Bundt Cake


Ingredients:
1/3 cup shortening
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (3)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
confectioners' sugar for dusting


Directions:
In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. Add bananas and mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring just until combined. Stir in walnuts. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails