Pages

24 March 2010

S’mores Brownies

024

Every time I lose a pound I turn around and decide to make something absolutely scandalous.  So when my sister told me she had made S’mores Brownies, well I just had to try some out for myself.  Apparently, I didn’t make them the way she told me to, even though she described them to me at least three times.  I can be thick skulled I suppose.  I had the ingredients she spoke of: brownie mix, mini marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate chunks, so I thought, why the heck not.  Two days later, the scale told me why the heck not.  So my advice?  Enjoy these, either in moderation or after you throw your scale in the trash. Who needs the condescending little buggers anyways?

S’mores Brownies

Ingredients

1 pkg brownie mix (my favorite?  Ghirardelli Double Chocolate.  Y-u-m-m-y!)

Eggs, oil, water, etc. according to choice of brownie mix instructions

2 cups mini marshmallows

3 whole graham crackers, crushed

~ 1 cup chocolate chunks

Directions

  1. Make Brownies according to package instructions.  As they bake prepare topping (crush graham crackers).  Take the brownies out and place them on a wire rack, switch the oven from bake to broil.  Evenly distribute mini marshmallows on brownies.  Then spread graham crackers and chocolate on brownies. 
  2. Place brownies under broiler and WATCH.  In a matter of sixty seconds the marshmallows will start to brown.  As soon as they do, remove the brownies from the oven.  Let cool enough to cut, but enjoy them warm.  (Nuke leftovers for 10 seconds to get softer marshmallows.)

This is a very quick and fun way to spruce up a box of brownie mix.  Children and fans of S’mores will surely love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails